- Plant only indigenous tree species, typical for your climate and your region
- Select tree seedlings from local providers
- Choose suitable locations and dig the holes in advance. If you need some help contact local experts
- Find students who will plant the trees
- Involve your local community
- Choose a student to give a short speech
- Prepare to take photos and videos during the occasion
- Invite other schools and local decision-makers to join this event and give a short speech
- Involve the local media.
On the day
- Go to your tree planting site and gather around
- Student gives his/her speech
- Students plant trees together with teachers and invited guests
- Optionally another speech by a local decision maker
- Other optional activity
- Arrange a group photo, where students and audience gather around the planted tree(s).
- Go to our website and fill in the short report form
- Upload 1 photo from the event
- If you have recorded a video clip, please do not send it to us, put it online (e.g. YouTube) and write the link in the comment field
- If you have any other web links to news about the event, please write the address in the comment field
- When the report is uploaded, you will be redirected to a download site for the certificate.
- Fill in the name of the school before you print the certificate
- You may additionally issue the certificate to each participant, by typing their name instead of name of school
- Remember to take care of your trees!