Barry McGonigal, International LEAF Director
The LEAF National Operators from around the world have made the programme the success story that it is today. As a result of their dedication to the programme there are almost 10,000 schools with over 550,000 students learning about the importance of our forests and how to protect them for a more sustainable future.
Below are just some of the responsibilities of the LEAF programme National Operators:
- Overall programme quality in their own country
- Provide an Annual Report to the International Head Office
- Safeguarding and protecting the FEE programme brands
- Programme development and support
- Ensure training and quality service is provided to programme participants on how to meet the LEAF programme criteria
- Communicate with other programme National Operators on best practice, programme ideas and all planned developments
- Produce material that supports the implementation of the LEAF programme
LEAF National Operators Meeting (NOM)
NOM 2018: Lavrion (Greece)
April 2018, National Operators gathered in Lavrion, Greece for the annual LEAF NOM. National Operators from 17 countries participated in the NOM, which was organized by the Hellenic Society for the Protection of Nature (HSPN). International LEAF Director Barry McGonigal, FEE Board of Directors President Lesley Jones, and FEE Board of Directors member Nikos Petrou (who is also the President of HSPN) were also in attendance.
NOM 2017: Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
April 2017, National Operators gathered in Amsterdam to attend the annual NOM. They were joined by International LEAF director, Barry McGonigal, FEE's Chief Executive Officer, Daniel Schaffer, and former International LEAF Assistant, Karine Galstyan.
NOM 2016: Xrobb l-Ghagin Nature Park (Malta)
March 2016, National Operators from around the world gathered in Malta to attend the annual Learning about Forests (LEAF) National Operators Meeting (NOM). Rachel Boyle, former International LEAF Director and twenty National Operators attended the NOM.
NOM 2015: Brussels (Belgium)
March 2015, National Operators from around the world gathered in Brussels to attend the annual Learning about Forests (LEAF) National Operators Meeting (NOM). Rachel Boyle, International LEAF Director, twenty-one National Operators, Mr. Mika Vanhanen, Director of Environment Online (ENO), Mr Patrick Huvenne, Manager of the Sonian Forest, representatives from WWF Belgium and GoodPlanet Belgium attended the NOM.