Join our International Team
Six-month Internship in Communication and Media at the Foundation for Environmental Education with the Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) programmes
The Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) is looking for an intern who would like to become part of our team at our headquarters here in Copenhagen. We are looking for interns for our educational department which consists of three programmes: Eco-Schools, Learning about Forests(LEAF) and Young Reporters for the Environment (YRE).
We are looking for an intern who has a keen interest in communication and graphic design
The responsibilities of the positions are split between the three programmes and tasks. The internship period will be tentatively from 15 March 2019 until 15 September 2019 (approx. 6 months).
Main tasks and responsibilities
Communication and PR
· Development of PR materials (e.g. infographics, short video tutorials, newsletters etc.) for Eco-Schools, LEAF, and YRE
· Composing news articles/posts for websites and social media
· Research and development of specific projects and at the programme level
· Maintenance of Social Media accounts, particularly Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
· Website maintenance
· Database management
Terms and conditions
· Unpaid internship for a duration of approximately six months
· Successful applicant should start ideally in March 2019
· Successful applicant will be provided with a workspace at FEE Head Office
· Successful applicant will be responsible for securing their own accommodation and arranging their transport between home and FEE Head Office in Sydhavn, Copenhagen 2450. FEE will reimburse travel costs up to a certain limit.
· English is the official language at FEE Head Office and strong proficiency in this is required
· Successful applicant may have to travel in connection with the position. FEE will bear the cost associated with the travel.
· Successful applicant may be offered the opportunity to take online courses for specific programmes to fulfil tasks e.g. Podio management or Visme
Note: Some of the above conditions are negotiable once you have been chosen for the position.
Required skills and experience
· Excellent written and spoken English
· A precise and organised way of working
· Proficient user of Microsoft Office package
· Experience with Adobe tools (InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
· The capability of working in a team as well as independently
· Comfortable working in a multicultural environment
· Knowledge of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) and environmental issues
· Fluency in other languages
· Knowledge of photography, video editing and/or animation tools, and social media
1. Please send your CV and motivation letter via email by 28 February 2019
to Gosia Luszczek email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please write in the subject “Application for ESD Internship”
2. The short-listed applicants will be called for an interview on Skype or in person at the FEE Head Office (the evaluation process will take up to a week, depending on the volume of applications).
3. The successful applicant will be announced by mid-March.
Please free to contact us if you have any questions regarding the position.
This call will be closed as soon as we have found a suitable candidate.
Malgorzata (Gosia) Luszczek
International YRE Director
Foundation for Environmental Education
Scandiagade 13, DK-2450 Copenhagen SV, Denmark
Tel. +45 70 22 24 27 (Mon-Thurs 10-15, Fri 10-14)